If you know me, then it is no secret that I LOVE Coconut Oil <3 I consume coconut oil every day because it has so many amazing benefits to my health. If you haven’t tried coconut oil yet, here are some reasons why you should:
1. Coconut Oil is GOOD Fat: Not all fat is created equal, we’ve learned that by now. Fats that come from avocados, and nuts are very healthy and easy for our bodies to use as fuel. The medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) in coconut oil are easy to digest and are converted by the liver to ketones to be used for energy. Healthy fats also make you feel fuller longer, reducing cravings and the frequency of meals or snacks.
2. Coconut Oil is food for your BRAIN: Cholesterol is a major food source for our brains, second only to glucose. Even though our brain is only about 2% of our body’s mass, the brain contains 25% of our body’s total cholesterol. Regular consumption of coconut oil (a major provider of good cholesterol) fuels our brains helping us think more clearly, reduces brain-fog, and prevents or even REVERSES symptoms of dementia.
3. Coconut Oil is great for so many things: Not only is it great to eat and cook with, coconut oil has so many uses outside the body, or for non-toxic cleaning alternatives. I use coconut oil as a moisturizer when my skin is dry. I also use it from time to time when my scalp gets dry and flaky. I’ve put it on cuts and bruises to help stimulate blood flow for wound healing, plus it has anti-microbial properties so the cut stays clean. And coconut oil isn’t just for us humans, it’s safe to give to pets as a treat (they need less depending on their size), or if they get minor abrasions. I’ve used coconut oil to moisturize my dog’s paw pads after returning from desert camping trips.
How to start using coconut oil in your daily life
1. Add it to your food or coffee: I only use two types of oil anymore for cooking: Olive Oil and Coconut Oil. If I’m cooking something that would taste good with a hint of coconut flavor, then I use the coconut oil, otherwise I use olive. I use coconut oil when I bake, make stir-fry, etc. Coconut oil is perfect in my Bulletproof Coffee! I also use an aerosol version of coconut oil as non-stick spray.
2. Use it for everything: Check out this link to find many useful ways to incorporate coconut oil into your life. The article explains how to use coconut oil for internal issues, external issues like skin/wound healing as well as great uses for coconut oil around the house.
Feel free to share how you’ve incorporated coconut oil into your life in the comments below?
Do you want to hear MORE? Subscribe Here!
We do not like spam either, so don't worry! We won't send you too much mail, and will NEVER sell your information to anyone for any price.